How to get started
- Visit the Exchange - Visit http://exchange.cof.org and log in with your e-mail and password for the Council’s website. If you don’t know it, e-mail email@example.com
- Create a profile - Click on “My Profile” and pull in information from your LinkedIn profile or fill it in manually.
- Join a Community - Select “All Communities" in the tool bar and click “Join” to the right of communities you would like to join and select your notification preference.
- Visit the Directory to Meet Other Members – Click on "Directory" in the tools bar. The Directory lets you search for other members based on:
- First and/or last name
- Company/Institution name
- Email address
How to post through your e-mail
You can post on the website or directly from your e-mail. To the right, you will see a diagram of the e-mails you will receive from the Exchange. You can reply to messages and post new questions directly from this message. You can even attach a document to your e-mail reply, and it will be added to the library!
Post rule of thumb
Use the public reply for information that everyone can benefit from.
- On the Exchange website, you do this by clicking Reply to Discussion
- On e-mail, you do this by clicking Reply to Group via E-mail or Reply to Group Online
Use the private reply for confidential information or replies that only the sender needs to see (e.g. "thanks" "me, too")
- On the Exchange website, you do this by clicking Reply Privately
- On e-mail, you do this by clicking Reply to Sender
Changing your E-mail Frequency
- In the main menu, click on "My Profile" and select "My Settings"
- Scroll to the community you are interested in changing your frequency of emails, and select either "Real Time" "Daily Digest" or "No E-mails" in the drop down menu.